Deadline February 15, 2013
The Regional HIV/AIDS Connection and the London InterCommunity Health Centre seek a resourceful social worker to join our Hepatitis C Care Team (HCCT). The Team addresses the needs of Londoners who are at risk of contracting Hepatitis C or who are living with Hepatitis C. Our care and treatment targets those at high risk for Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) infection due to drug use, those who are newly diagnosed and facing barriers to accessing mainstream health care and those who have HCV infection and complex addiction and social issues.
The social worker provides psychosocial assessments and a range of interventions to help those living with HCV to cope with chronic illness, social difficulties and addictions through counselling, advocacy, and referrals.
- A BSW or MSW degree and current certification with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- 3-5 years experience working with marginalized individuals and persons living with chronic disease and addictions
- Advanced clinical skills in completing psychosocial assessments and counselling interventions
- Clinical expertise related to HCV, harm reduction, addictions and mental health
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and experience working in an multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management with the ability to be flexible, adapt to change and take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to attend work regularly
- Strong presentation skills an asset
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by sending a covering letter and resume by Friday February 15 at 4pm to firstname.lastname@example.org , Attn: Joanne Veldhorst, Team Lead – Hepatitis C Care Team, 659 Dundas St E, London, ON N5W 2Z1. Fax: (519) 642-1532.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at http://www.lihc.on.ca. To learn more about the Regional HIV/AIDS Connection, visit http://www.hivaidsconnection.ca.
We thank everyone who applies. However, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.