St. Thomas, Ontario
Deadline February 14, 2013
Posting #1.005 OPSEU
Temporary full - time
Health Promotion Department
The following position is anticipated to extend until March 31, 2014, subject to availability of work.
Reporting to the Director, Health Promotion Department, the Health Promoter is an integral member of a multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to promote the health of those residing in the County of Elgin and the City of St. Thomas
The Health Promoter applies their expertise in determinants of health, health promotion and community development to support health unit programming.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in a health or social science related area, with an emphasis on health promotion.
- Minimum of one (1) year of public health promotion experience.
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies, population health approaches, behaviour change theories, policy development, community development and group facilitation
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
- Training in smoking cessation and experience in tobacco use prevention
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2013.
View this posting online at http://www.elginhealth.on.ca/index.asp?ParentID=66&MenuID=1820.
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca.
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.