March 20, 2013
10:30-11:45 a.m. (EDT)
This webinar provides an overview of the steps to develop a bylaw in public health. In addition, the session will feature two examples from the field: one from the town of Georgina, which developed and implemented a comprehensive smoke-free bylaw, and the other from Toronto Public Health, which developed and implemented a pesticide bylaw.
- Know and understand the different steps to developing a bylaw.
- Learn about the experiences, opportunities, and challenges to developing, implementing and enforcing a bylaw in the field.
- Reflect on how this learning can be applied to your own area of work.
- Know how to access supportive resources on bylaws.
- Nimira Lalani, health promotion field support specialist, policy and planning
- Samiha Versi, public health nurse, Tobacco-Free Living, York Region Community and Health Services
- Robin McDougall, director, Recreation & Culture, Town of Georgina
- Rich Whate, health promotion consultant, Healthy Public Policy Directorate, Toronto Public Health
For more information or to register, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5497924440#.