March 27, 2013
10:30-11:30 a.m. (EDT)
This webinar will introduce and examine indicators. Participants will be shown the basic components of an indicator, types of indicators, as well as tips on how to use them. The presenters will also walk through the use of indicators in a situation assessment and an evaluation. Criteria to help in the selection of indicators, as well as resources for finding and learning more about them will also be discussed.
Presenter: Areeta Bridgemohan, Natalie Greenidge
Natalie is an epidemiologist at Public Health Ontario (PHO) and is currently collaborating with the Association of Public Health Epidemiologists in Ontario (APHEO) to develop and revise population health assessment and surveillance metrics for the APHEO Core Indicators for Public Health in Ontario project. Natalie is a graduate of the Master of Health Science, Community Health and Epidemiology program at the University of Toronto and previously worked as a public health unit epidemiologist where she supported reproductive health and injury and substance misuse prevention programs.
- Identify and understand the different components of an indicator.
- To distinguish between different types of indicators.
- To understand the criteria for assessing an indicator.
- To gain a better understanding on how to use indicators in a program planning and evaluation context.
- Know how to access our products and services to support indicator selection or creation.
For more information or to register, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5497944500#.