Deadline March 13, 2013
[Ed: writing sample submission instructions updated March 8]
The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care access centres (CCACs), long-term care homes, community health centres (CHCs), community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. The office of the South West LHIN is located in London, Ontario.
Committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships across the South West, LHIN staff will incorporate the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence, an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to transform the Ontario healthcare system, then consider the South West Local Health Integration Network.
If you have a passion for creating truly effective communications, superior writing and editing skills, and a flair for making the complicated comprehensible and relevant, this opportunity will be of interest to you. Drawing from your journalism or corporate writing background, you will provide professional communications, public relations and stakeholder relations expertise and support to the South West LHIN CEO, senior management, staff teams and Board.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Community Engagement, the Communications Specialist duties will include:
- Writing, editing and providing quality control for a variety of corporate and communications materials including e-newsletters, community bulletins, press releases, speaking notes, presentations, reports, corporate website and social media.
- Creating impactful presentations using PowerPoint and Prezi.
- Assisting with media relations, including planning and coordinating media events and releases, interviews, preparing LHIN spokespeople and proactively advancing stories with the media.
- Providing expertise and support in the planning, coordination and communications of stakeholder engagement activities including Board, public and advisory group sessions and the annual conference.
- Providing communications expertise and support to LHIN staff in the development, maintenance and management of corporate communications and brand management and communications plans and tools for health service programs and in cross-LHIN communications and media initiatives.
- Assisting with issues management to proactively anticipate and respond to issues and promote a positive reputation for the South West LHIN.
- Working with a variety of internal and external communications contacts.
- Post-secondary degree in communications, journalism, marketing or relevant field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills (CP style).
- Demonstrated senior level experience in writing, creating and editing a variety of high quality communications tools (e.g. newsletters, bulletins, press releases, speeches, presentations etc.) for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience planning and coordinating media and communications activities and providing communications and media expertise and support including demonstrated experience effectively using social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.).
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and editing skills with initiative, creativity and a passion for storytelling.
- Demonstrated communications planning, strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Solid relationship skills including fostering, building, managing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effective use of discretion, diplomacy and tact in dealing with stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional silks with PC-based hardware/software including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Prezi.
- Understanding of government relations and/or Ontario health system an asset.
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
For further information on the South West LHIN or to access the French version of this job posting please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca.
To apply online by March 13, 2013, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
Please include three samples of your writing expertise at the end of your application and upload as one file.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.