Deadline March 21, 2013
Are you an experienced health and safety specialist? Consider this position that offers an experienced specialist the opportunity to plan, recommend and develop influential strategies, plans, programs and associated regulations, policies and standards that ensure the health and safety of workers in Ontario's health care sector.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- plan, recommend and develop sector-specific health care strategies, standards and policies
- evaluate and formulate policies, regulations and program delivery
- provide expert technical advice, guidance and research to field staff and clients on sector program development, analysis and evaluation
- collaborate with other provincial specialists on program development and delivery
- work with health and safety partners to develop prevention strategies and promotion outreach programs
Location: 505 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of the Ontario health care system
- you have knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act, applicable codes and regulations
- you have the ability to acquire knowledge of ministry priorities, issues and the mandate
- you have a good understanding of the current occupational health and safety environment and of current trends and developments
- you have knowledge of statistical methods to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis
Project Management, Leadership and Organizational Skills:
- you can plan, develop and coordinate work to achieve the Ministry's mandate
- you can provide technical direction and guidance and monitor the progress of projects
- you are organized and can lead complex studies
- you can manage a heavy workload effectively
- you are able to provide technical expertise and interpretation of legislation on health and safety issues
Research and Analytical Skills:
- you are able to identify and analyse new and emerging health and safety hazards resulting from new technology and new processes
- you can analyse and interpret the conclusions of research papers and articles by external organizations
- you are able to implement concepts into operating policies and procedures
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- you are able to prepare and develop presentations to external client groups
- you are able to respond to inquiries in a clear manner
- you are able to liaise with other ministries or agencies when developing policies or programs or amending legislation
Note: As a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013; in the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position is Level 7 with a salary range of $75,000.00 – $105,740.00 per year
Salary range: $73,443.00 – $95,213.00 per year
Please apply online, by March 21, 2013, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering
Job ID 51645 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.