Newmarket and Vaughan, Ontario
Deadline March 26, 2013
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Once again, York Region has been named one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers. One of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities, we’re proud to be acknowledged as a place where professionals can bring their enthusiasm, talent and ideas for the future – while contributing to the progress of our vital community. As part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community.
Manager, Child and Family Health #14343
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Child and Family Health Division
Location: Newmarket and Vaughan
Salary $103,270-$121,472 annually
Reporting to the Director, Child and Family Health & CNO, the Manager is responsible for the supervision of staff and the planning, implementation and evaluation of designated programs, in compliance with the "Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines", Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other relevant legislation. Develops, monitors business plans and budget; assesses community needs and changing health status, and oversees program delivery.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing with a background in community health, program development, health education, administration and/or research.
- Three (3) years progressive leadership experience within a health related environment including experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management and accountability and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgment, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Demonstrated supervisory and human resource management skills, knowledge of collective agreement administration and labor relations principles and practices.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Leadership ability to co-ordinate the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and services in an assigned program area.
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to prepare formal written reports.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours and share an on-call schedule as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by March 26, 2013 quoting competition #14343. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.