No deadline noted
The Hamilton Family Health Team is comprised of 150 Family Physicians serving a patient population of approximately 280,000. We are currently looking for the following professional to join our team.
Primary Care Quality Improvement/Chronic Disease Management Facilitator
(1.0 FTE – Temporary (Parental Leave) commencing April 2013 – June 2014)
As the Facilitator, you will provide leadership in the design, development, implementation and coordination of all practice improvement initiatives within practice teams.
This position involves:
- Supporting the practice teams by assisting in improving access to care and the management and delivery of chronic disease programs.
- Working closely with practice teams to maximize each member’s full scope of practice and their effectiveness in achieving optimum patient care and team Quality Improvement goals.
- Knowledge of Chronic Disease Management and Self-Management supports
- Integrating and applying appropriate QI methodology, tools and processes based on specialized needs of the practice team.
- Knowledge and comfort working with a variety Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems
- Developing and maintaining relationships with physicians, team members and Community stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork skills and time management skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Traveling to various practice locations. A valid driver’s licence is required.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a health discipline with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related work experience
- Quality Improvement training or certification
- Previous experience in a Primary Care setting is an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.