Deadline April 2, 2013
Huron County Health Unit Requires (1) One Permanent Full Time Public Health Nurse
The County of Huron, known as “Ontario’s West Coast,” is a mosaic of vibrant communities along the shores of Lake Huron. The County has a population of approx. 60,000 people. Amidst pastoral and marine scenery, the County’s economic strengths are agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and culture.
The Huron County Health Unit currently has an opening for a Public Health Nurse on the Community Health Team. The successful candidate will be working with a multi-disciplinary team to plan and implement public health programs.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and a current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, facilitation, implementation and evaluation
- Health promotion and community development skills
- Clinical nursing practice skills, including case management, counseling and injections
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Must provide own transportation for work related travel
Salary Range: As per Collective Agreement
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format by 4:30 pm on Tuesday April 2nd, 2013 to:
The Corporation of the County of Huron -- Human Resources
1 Court House Square
Email: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca
OR Fax: 519.524.4172
The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Posted March 13, 2013