Deadline April 5, 2013
The Administrative Coordinator - Communications and Knowledge Mobilization (KMb) supports AllerGen NCE’s communications and facilitates the development of knowledge translation, dissemination and mobilization opportunities that generate social and economic benefits for Canadians affected by asthma, allergy and immune related diseases.
The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support and coordination to the development of written materials, grant applications, promotional and marketing materials, and program delivery and roll-out for AllerGen events. These activities involve a diverse group of stakeholders and/or teams of Network researchers, trainees, research partners and knowledge users, including provincial and federal governments, boards of education, health care organizations and professionals, not-for-profit organizations, patient groups and private industry.
Written materials may include, but are not limited to, newsletters, reports, NCE accountability documentation, annual reports, Network meeting materials, minutes and summaries.
This position reports dually to the Manager, Communications and Knowledge Mobilization and the Manager, Research and Partnerships and works closely with the Managing Director of AllerGen NCE.
Position Duration: Up to a three-year contract with renewal subject to available funding beyond March 31, 2016.
Salary Level: Dependent upon experience.
The Administrative Coordinator - Communications and Knowledge Mobilization (KMb) has five key areas of responsibility:
Gathers, monitors, coordinates and communicates information about knowledge transfer and exchange exploitation (KTEE) opportunities arising from Network-supported research.
- Identifies opportunities, strategies and approaches to enable AllerGen NCE researchers to pursue knowledge translation/mobilization opportunities arising from Network research and collaborates on the execution of identified initiatives.
- Implements strategies developed in collaboration with Network management, project leaders and external consultants for copyright protection, transfer and mobilization of intellectual property arising from Network-supported research.
- Develops communication pieces, contributes to business and marketing plans and maintains stakeholder profiles related to research, KMb and commercialization opportunities.
Builds relationships with knowledge users and research partners to facilitate the impact of KTEE activities.
- Develops and maintains stakeholder profiles in customer databases and supports the development and maintenance of relationships with stakeholders as directed.
- Supports development of promotional materials to advance knowledge translation, dissemination, mobilization and the evaluation of uptake and impact.
- Undertakes research and gathers information to support the development of presentation materials that facilitate partnership development.
Supports KTEE research results and enables and documents social and economic impacts.
- Facilitates the implementation of KTEE opportunities for emerging research findings by supporting Network investigators and partners. Identifies value propositions and prepares knowledge summaries, as appropriate, for target audiences to maximize Network-funded research reach and impact.
- Researches, prepares and edits summaries for publication about AllerGen-supported projects and partnerships.
- Provides administrative support to corporate KTEE initiatives.
- Develops, tracks and documents NCE and monthly performance indicators related to knowledge translation efforts, communication activities and associated social and economic impacts.
- Evaluates the relative merits of new and emerging KTEE opportunities.
Provides communications and administrative support and coordination to all aspects of AllerGen’s research, communications and KTEE activities.
- Assists with the development of international and national meeting plans, grant proposals, meeting materials, meeting reports, newsletters, annual reports and accountability documents.
- Supports preparation of presentations and facilitation of meetings, workshops and public forums and assists with their delivery as appropriate
- Assists with the development of knowledge translation and dissemination proposals and accountability reports to provincial, national and international organizations.
- Assists in securing national and international sponsorship support.
Supports website, customer database and social media platforms.
- Uses Microsoft CRM to develop and maintain stakeholder profiles as required.
- Assists in keeping the AllerGen website up-to-date. Tracks and reports on website performance using Google Analytics and other data.
- Assists to support, track, maintain and report on AllerGen’s online presence across all social media platforms.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university. A master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a related field such as knowledge translation and mobilization, communications, research (e.g., assistant or coordinator), health sciences, health services, business, public administration or pharmaceutical /medical sales and marketing.
- Strong practical and theoretical understanding of research methods, communications principles and KT/KMb theory and practice.
- Knowledge of issues/challenges associated with translating and marketing research outputs and familiarity with the knowledge translation process from the research environment to products, services and policy.
- Knowledge of social and economic benefits metrics and methods.
- Knowledge of the field of health services, health care, public health and/or biomedicine, in particular, pertaining to allergy, asthma and immune diseases.
- Ability to understand, integrate, translate and disseminate primary research outcomes undertaken in a multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary context.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
- Group leadership and/or facilitation skills would be considered an asset.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Publisher.
- Strong problem solving, creative thinking and decision-making capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against strategic and operational plans.
- Ability to critically analyze proposed opportunities from a variety of perspectives.
- Ability to contribute to a team under complex conditions, and in an environment of multiple priorities.
The position is full-time. The place of work is McMaster University, MDCL Room 3120 in Hamilton, ON.
This contract position is subject to three months of probation. Successful candidates have the potential for renewal of their contract to 2019, subject to annual performance, deemed need for the position, the outcome of periodic NCE reviews and availability of funding.
A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel regionally and nationally are required.
Please note, employees of AllerGen NCE Inc. are not employees of McMaster University.
Closing date for applications: April 5, 2013
Please forward all applications to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.