Deadline April 22, 2013
The Board of Health of Hastings and Prince Edward Counties supports the health of our 140,000 residents through clinical, education and inspection services. We are currently looking for
Full Time Health Promoter / Youth Engagement Coordinator
Contract until February 7, 2014
Reporting to the Director, Communicable Disease Control & Tobacco Control, the incumbent will carry out two combined functions:
- engaging youth and young adults to carry out community-based activities and projects that will benefit the public and its health by contribution to the reduction of tobacco use and the reduction of other highly correlated risk factors.
- using surveillance data and evidence-based practices to develop and implement comprehensive health promotion campaigns related to tobacco control and cessation.
- A baccalaureate degree in health promotion or a bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline in which the applicant has successfully completed full courses in each of the following areas:
- Health Promotion principles including community development and social marketing;
- Program planning and/or program evaluation;
- Behaviour psychology.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with youth and young adults.
- Knowledge of and experience in tobacco control, an asset.
- Ability to engage and motivate youth and communicate to the youth target audience.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an inter-disciplinary team and with community stakeholders.
Shift work is required to reach the target population including: 8:30 am- 4:30pm; 10:00 am- 6:00 pm; 1:00 pm- 9:00 pm on any 5 days of the week, Sunday to Saturday. Shifts will rotate and may be subject to change, depending on program requirements.
Apply in writing or to email@example.com or to
Mr. Scott Elder,Manager of Administration
179 North Park Street
Belleville, ON K8P 4P1
no later than 4:30 pm, Monday April 22, 2013
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those are chosen for an interview will be contacted.