Deadline April 26, 2013
Rexdale Community Health Centre is currently seeking (2) Full-Time Family Physician
Rexdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre providing primary health care, settlement and community development activities for women, families, youth, adults, and seniors of diverse cultures. The Centre is committed to providing accessible and sustainable programs and services to diverse communities. The Centre is currently seeking a full-time Family Physician to work with the multi-disciplinary Clinical Team to provide primary care to clients and their families within a primary health care model which emphasizes health promotion and client education.
- Provide primary care to individuals and their families taking into account risk factors (environmental, socio-economic, psychological and medical) in a manner which can be understood by the client, and when applicable, their families
- Perform clinical duties by seeing and assessing client for routine health and illness care, prescribing treatment, providing on call service when scheduled, making home visits when necessary, and keeping other primary care providers informed regarding health issues of their clients arising when on call
- Work with the Clinical Team to plan and evaluate health education, prevention and screening programs by based upon identified health needs of clients and communities
- Consult other primary health care providers in relation to medical opinions and information
- Assist in planning and programming of centre health services, participate in committees and share information about perceived health needs and issues in the community through client encounters and other community contacts
- Ensure appropriate, comprehensive treatment is provided, maintain complete and accurate medical records, participate in chart reviews and case conferences, answer clients’ inquiries and direct them to appropriate treatments and/or services
- Facilitate the administration of health centre by identifying areas where the development of protocols and procedures is needed for improvement or client services or staff functioning, and participating in committee work and staff meetings
- Undertake teaching and training of medical trainees within the health centre
- Maintain and develop professional competence through appropriate continued education (e.g. peer interaction, literature review, conferences, courses and workshops)
- Medical degree and family medicine residency from a recognized university
- License to practice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- CCFP membership
- CMPA coverage
- Broad knowledge, background and interest in the practice of family medicine
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in primary care settings (community-based preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with women, youth, marginalized population and diverse ethno-racial and cultural groups
- Willingness to work at least one evening per week and one Saturday each month
- Willingness to work with an on-call group of physicians for clients during after hours
- Must be able to provide criminal record check clearance
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Knowledge of the Rexdale community
- Ability to speak a second language (e.g. Spanish, Punjabi, and Somali) will be an asset.
Salary: $185,974 to $215,389 plus excellent benefits (salary range depends on experience)
Hours: 35 hours per week (flexible hours)
Status: non-unionized position
Starting date: ASAP
Work site: TBD
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager
Via email: email@example.com
Please quote ‘FP’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applicants: April 26, 2013 by 5:00pm
We would like to thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633
The Rexdale Community Health Centre is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from people representing the diverse community we serve.