Deadline April 26, 2013
Rexdale Community Health Centre is currently seeking Full-Time Therapist
Rexdale Community Health Centre is a multi-service centre providing primary health care, settlement and community development activities for women, families, youth, adults, and seniors of diverse cultures. The Centre is committed to providing accessible and sustainable programs and services to diverse communities. The Centre is currently seeking, a Full-Time Therapist to join our team in order to provide one to one and group supportive counselling for individuals, families or groups facing difficult situations that impact their health and social well-being.
- Participate as part of a multidisciplinary team to identify, counsel and address individual needs of clients.
- Provide one-one counseling and intakes in areas of psycho-social health.
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate treatment plans as well as implement group support programs.
- Support and assist community members to outline options; provide education and counseling necessary for them to make informed choices.
- Offer life skills teaching such as assertiveness training, stress management, daily living skills etc.
- Foster the development of self-help and mutual help groups in consultation with relevant team members and supervisor.
- Develop implement and evaluate psycho-educational groups such as self-esteem, dealing with anxiety, and anger management.
- Initiate joint programming and communication with other team members and with other Centre wide programs to ensure comprehensive treatment for clients of the Centre.
- Carry out evaluation of group and program work and provide reports as required.
- Perform case management functions.
- Establish working relationships with other social service providers and referral sources
- Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart reviews, and case conferences.
- Encounter individual and group activities in database system.
- Document and keep accurate records of sessions with clients and community members.
- Develop and maintain contacts with other agencies and appropriate referral sources
- Participate in relevant network meetings that enhance counselling practice
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Additional supervised clinical training.
- Three to five years counseling/therapy experience, preferably in community based health setting.
- Proficiency in current assessment, psychotherapy and psychosocial counselling techniques for working with individuals, couples, families and communities.
- Experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of community-based health services including the special needs of priority populations (e.g. newcomers, low income, people with addictions, post psychiatric, abuse survivors, etc.)
- Caseload management skills, including developing action plans for clients, monitoring client progress and maintaining records
- Proven issue management skills including time management, conflict management, team work, problem solving and meeting facilitation
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mental Health Act
- Familiarity with electronic medical record, e.g. NOD, Purkinji is an asset
- Knowledge of Personal Health Information Privacy Act, Consent of Information / Records of Information and Medical Records Management
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office, Internet and email
- Must be able to provide criminal record check clearance
- Knowledge of the Rexdale community
- Ability to speak a second language (e.g. Spanish, Punjabi, and Somali) will be an asset.
Salary: $55,251 to $66,568 plus excellent benefits (salary range depends on experience)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: non-unionized position
Starting date: ASAP
Work site: TBD
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote ‘Therapist’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applicants: April 26, 2013 by 5:00pm
We would like to thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633
The Rexdale Community Health Centre is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from people representing the diverse community we serve.