May 9-10, 2013
- Males and body-image issues
- Appearance-based bullying
- Support groups on campus
- Eating disorders and obesity
- Social inequities and weight and shape issues
- Media literacy: critical thinking
- Families and disordered eating
- Dr Susie Orbach, Navigating our Culture's Body Anxiety and Finding Ways to Fight Back
- Dr Joanne Dolhanty, Mothers and Daughters: Attachment Emotions,
- Dr Adele Lafrance, Robinson and Food & Weight Preoccupation
- Anita Sarkeesian, 'll Make a Man Out of You: Redefining Strong Female Characters
- Jenni Schaefer, Almost Anorexic: Does Everyone Have an Eating Disorder?
For more information or to register, please visit http://conference.nedic.ca/.
Full, two-day conference rate is $325. Student and one-day rates are available.
In partnership with Presenting Sponsor, the Dove Self Esteem Project, The University of Toronto Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education, the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario and the Dairy Farmers of Canada