Deadline May 24, 2013
Maternity Leave Contract, 1 year, full-time
Maternity Leave Term: August 19th, 2013 – August 25, 2014 (start date may be flexible)
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
The Northumberland Family Health Team (20 physicians) is seeking a dynamic team player to join a new, innovative primary health care team. The Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is a primary care organization based on a collaborative interdisciplinary model emphasizing health promotion and prevention and chronic disease management.
You will work within the full scope of the RN (EC) class in a patient-centered model of care and provide clinical assessment and treatment of primary care patients and participate in chronic disease management programs and patient education.
- Baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing.
- Successful completion of post-graduate Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current extended class registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership with RNAO, including professional liability insurance program
- Basic CPR certification.
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License.
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR systems
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Tracy West at firstname.lastname@example.org. by May 24, 2013. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.