Deadline April 30, 2013
Location: Community Health Services - Early Years Health Program
Position: Public Health Nurse (2 Positions)
Salary Range: $36.03 - $44.34 per hour (ONA)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
One (1) permanent full-time position available working 35 hours per week
One (1) casual (temporary) full-time position available working 35 hours per week from date of hire until July 2014.
Please note that if you do not indicate a specific position on your cover letter or resume you will be considered for both vacancies.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes preparation in Public Health Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. A Certificate in Breastfeeding Management is required. Must have knowledge of health promotion and experience in community development in the areas of preconception and maternal child health. Strong project management skills including organizational and time management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including group facilitation skills and computer software proficiency are essential. Experience with social media is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This position may require weekend and evening work to support the Early Years Health Program. Extensive daily travel may be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation.
- Using standards of promoting health, building individual/community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability, the nursing duties will include the following:
- Responsible for health promotion and health education, within preconception, and maternal child health within a generalized Public Health Program.
- Provides services, which include, but are not limited to, facilitation of adult education groups for individuals and families within preconception, pregnancy and parenting.
- Provides breastfeeding support and promotion.
- Provides Health Department representation on community based coalitions and groups.
- Responsible for keeping accurate health records and statistical information.
- Collaborates with other public health program staff, Children’s Services staff and the community to deliver health promotion programs directed towards injury prevention, mental health promotion, maternal infant health, pre-conception health and heart health/cancer risk reduction.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: April 22, 2013
Posting Expiry: April 30, 2013
Posting #: H-142-13
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Apply online at http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/View.cfm?Competition=H-142-13.