Deadline May 10, 2013
Are you a strategic leader with a policy background looking for a challenge? Look no further! In this exciting new role, you will provide senior-level policy advice and strategic support to the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health/Executive Directors Office and undertake a variety of projects and strategic initiatives utilizing both policy, planning and analytical expertise.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- lead the development and drafting of Chief Medical Officer for health annual and special reports
- provide analytical expertise and consultative advice regarding priority divisional initiatives and deliverables to inform strategic review and decision for the office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health/Executive Directors Office (CMOHO/EDO)
- review scientific and technical reports (e.g. surveillance data, trending analysis), policy initiatives and provide advice and interpretation to the CMOHO/EDO
- lead policy and program initiatives including issues identification, analysis and synthesis of research/data from within and externally to the Ministry to develop recommendations and advice
Location: 80 Grosvenor Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of theories, principles and practices of public health assessment and qualitative and quantitative research methodology
- you can interpret scientific and technical reports and data and provide expert advice to the Chief Medical Officer of Health Office and the Executive Director's Office
- you have knowledge of legislative functions and mandate of the Chief Medical Officer of Health
- you have knowledge of the principles of epidemiology, epidemiological research methodology and indicator development
- you can provide leadership in the analysis and interpretation of scientific and technical reports
Health Care Knowledge:
- you have knowledge of health care and public health, system trends, models of delivery, funding, governance, legislation and Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS)
- you have knowledge of the public health sector and key partners including Public Health Ontario (PHO) and local health agencies
Project Management Skills:
- you have knowledge of project management tools and methodologies as well as policy development tools and techniques
- you can analyze and assess health system issues and public health and population health issues and trends to formulate recommendations, strategies, solutions, approaches and policy options for the CMOH to respond to inquiries
Teamwork and Leadership Skills:
- you can work collaboratively within the team and contribute fully and actively with team activities, projects and client initiatives
- you can provide professional expertise, guidance and senior strategic advice
Political Acuity, Presentation and Communication Skills:
- you can understand organizational politics in order to work towards achieving established goals through aligning actions and resources in a way that achieves the optimum set of alliances
- you can liaise and collaborate with staff and senior management
- you can present material on behalf of the CMOH/Ministry
As a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013 and the job code identified in this posting is subject to revision. In the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position has not yet been determined.
Salary range: $73,443.00 – $95,213.00 per year
Please apply online, by May 10, 2013, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 52877 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.