No deadline noted
Are you an enthusiastic communicator? Are you a nurse? Are you passionate about promoting health and wellness? If you are ready to take your experience in nursing and step up your focus on health promotion, than this might be the role for you. Through healthy lifestyle coaching and developing effective care coordination and self-care for members, our Clinical Coordinators assist members across Canada.
About Novus Health
Novus Health, the leading health navigation provider in Canada, offers innovative health solutions to organizations that want to provide personalized support to their employees and members, empowering them to manage their health and the health of their loved ones.
Novus Health's clients are some of the most well respected benefit providers in Canada ñ insurance companies, affinity groups and employers. Our high energy culture and continuous growth create an excellent environment to advance your health and wellness career! We are located in downtown Toronto near public transportation. For more information, please visit http://www.novushealth.com.
About the Role
We currently require an experienced Registered Nurse for flexible full-time and part-time shift coverage on weekday afternoons and evenings (Monday-Friday).
As a Clinical Coordinator, you will use your patient management and customer care skills, Canadian health care expertise, and research abilities to respond to telephonic inquiries and requests for assistance in understanding their health and navigating the Canadian health care system as a whole. As well, you will play a pivotal role in the Wellness team through education and developing effective care coordination and self-care for members who are actively participating in our various programs.
In this role you will:
- Respond to member requests for information and resources; assess individual needs and determine the appropriate information to provide to the member.
- Use your research skills to be a part of our Clinical Review team that ensures safety, accuracy and effectiveness of our health education communications.
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide customized patient education in a variety of areas including but not limited to health care system navigation, lifestyle management, treatment adherence, and chronic disease self-management.
- Work directly with members to motivate, encourage, and teach your participants through telephone interaction.
- Research and present patient options, condition and treatment particulars as well as suggested courses of action.
- Utilize appropriate motivational interviewing techniques necessary for coaching and assisting the member to complete a self-management action plan.
- Valid, professional Registered Nursing certification.
- At least five years of clinical experience working with patients.
- Enthusiasm for health care and health education and promotion.
- A strong desire to coach, motivate, and support patient members and the team around you.
- Must be open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate.
- An understanding of management of chronic health conditions.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills including exceptional listening skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications, particularly Word and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently.
- Must have exceptional organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Familiarity and interest in research related to health education and promotion, evidence-based medicine and public health care policy.
- Other qualifications (Bachelor or Masterís degrees or other certifications such as the Diabetes Educator certification).
- Experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting.
- French or other language skills
We are now hiring a full-time RN Clinical Coordinator for our Toronto location to start as soon as possible. While we will accept applications from those interested in this role as a part-time position, we will not be immediately hiring a part-time RN Clinical Coordinator.
Please respond to this ad with the following:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- Specify whether you are applying for a full-time or part-time position
Send applications to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we do not respond to every applicant. Thank you for your interest.
No staffing or recruiting agencies please.