Deadline May 10, 2013
one temporary (up to 12 months)
Join the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and be an active player in providing health promotion expertise, consultative advice, research analysis and support in the implementation and evaluation of comprehensive chronic disease prevention and tobacco control and programs. In this role, you will be responsible for providing program support for the planning, delivery and implementation of health promotion programs delivered by community and provincial partners in alignment with ministry strategies.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- use evidence to inform the development and evaluation of ministry programs
- foster strong liaison and partner development with diverse stakeholders and participate in projects and work teams
- prepare and present research and analytical findings, write reports and briefing papers and assist in the development of ministry operational plans, which support ministry programs and health promotion strategic initiatives in Ontario
- liaise with colleagues across the Ministry to influence and participate in policy and strategic ministry initiatives
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of health promotion principles and methods
- you have knowledge of chronic disease prevention and/or tobacco control
Program Design and Planning Skills:
- you have knowledge of program implementation and delivery skills to support ministry priorities of health promotion
- you have the ability to implement and deliver programs in a high-profile, complex and multi-stakeholder environment
- you have knowledge of policy and research tools to participate in policy initiatives
- you have knowledge of program design and evaluation techniques to lead the development of program plans for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ministry programs and initiatives
- you have analytical skills to identify risk and develop sound solutions
Project Management, Relationship Management and Communication Skills:
- you can lead project planning and implementation
- you can conduct stakeholder consultations and provide advice
- you have political acuity and the ability to think strategically in order to provide sound advice to decision makers
- you can prepare and present complex research analysis, detailed strategies, research and analytical findings, recommendations and briefing papers
As a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013 and the job code identified in this posting is subject to revision. In the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position has not yet been determined.
Salary range: $65,957.00 – $82,208.00 per year
Please apply online, by May 10, 2013, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 52825 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.