Deadline May 28, 2013
3 Months Contract (June to August, 2013)
Who we are
The Toronto Aboriginal Support Services Council is a not-for-profit policy and research organization that addresses social determinants to improve and enhance the social, economic and cultural base of Aboriginal peoples in the City of Toronto.
TASSC is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and results-oriented individual for a short-term contract position. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting research and analysis that focuses on the social determinants as they relate to Aboriginal peoples in the City of Toronto. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, enjoy working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, and have superior computer skills with a strong background in research, writing and proposal/grant development. This position requires a positive, organized and forward thinking individual.
- Working on a wide range of research projects and employing a range of different research methodologies.
- Ability to plan and execute research activities.
- Providing information and analysis on policy-related matters.
- Producing both written and oral briefs.
- Responding to external and internal enquiries.
- Explaining complex ideas and findings in a way that can be easily understood.
- Keeping up to date with developments in policy and social issues, as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Must possess a university degree in a relevant discipline (Master’s degree preferred).
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ research experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Proven track record in grant writing and proposal development.
- Superior communication skills, with a strong emphasis on research and report writing.
- Superior abilities in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the issues affecting urban Aboriginal peoples.
- Able to work independently.
- Sound judgment, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality.
To Submit An Application:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, writing sample and 3 references via email to [email protected] by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
Late submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.