Deadline June 12, 2013
The Regent Park Community Health Centre (RPCHC) is a community-based primary health organization. We provide a range of services from a holistic integrated approach to address the diverse medical, social, cultural, and political factors influencing individual and community health and wellbeing. Our services include primary health care, health promotion, community development & capacity building and are focused on those populations who face systemic barriers to accessing health services. RPCHC is seeking applications for
Director, Mid-East Toronto Health Link
Temporary Full-time (pending funding approval)
Salary Range: $72,420 - $90,525 per Annum
This one-year contract position is responsible for the effective delivery of the Mid-East Toronto Health Link (METHL) goals including the development and implementation of a business plan through effective project management and broad stakeholder engagement. More specifically,
- Provide project management and monitoring for the implementation of the METHL goals, objectives, work plans and deliverables and ensure project is on time and within budget.
- Provide advice and recommendations, contribute to and informs the priorities of METHL and participate in the identification, planning and implementation of activities that support METHL.
- Provide coordination and support for activities of METHL Council and working groups.
- Translate complex data into meaningful and useful management information to inform the METHL actions with respect to improvement initiatives that will advance the Health Links goals and implementation plan.
- Develop an effective and evidence-based evaluation methodology to determine effectiveness of METHL and receives, monitors and contributes to regular reporting of METHL activities to the lead organization for METHL and to the TC LHIN.
- Ensure content related to Health Links Implementation are accurately reflected in communications materials. Writes reports, presentations and other materials as required.
- Work in a manner that is congruent with RPCHC policy and values.
- Ensure the RPCHC Executive Director is kept apprised of project status, risk issues, and contingencies, and assist in briefing the RPCHC Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Masters degree in health planning, business/public administration or similar field or equivalent education and experience.
- Five plus years’ relevant experience including management in complex and dynamic health-related environments in the public, preferably community-based sector.
- Ability to critically interpret data and translate into effective and appropriate health program development.
- Knowledge of or experience in primary care, mental health & addictions and/or community support services sectors.
- Leadership experience with evidence-based initiatives designed to improve service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and motivate a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of local health issues, priorities and needs.
- Proven ability to build, enhance and maintain effective relationships with community members, organizations, health service providers and others.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication (English) skills.
- Superior project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to bring a critical analysis to health systems planning.
- Understanding of the system impact of social inequity on access to health and social systems and health and wellbeing.
- Critical and creative understanding of the role of stakeholder engagement in health system planning and change.
Please send resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m., June 12, 2013, in confidence to:
METHL Hiring Committee
c/o Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 2B2
RPCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.