Deadline June 12, 2013
The Regent Park Community Health Centre (RPCHC) is a community-based primary health organization. We provide a range of services from a holistic integrated approach to address the diverse medical, social, cultural, and political factors influencing individual and community health and wellbeing. Our services include primary health care, health promotion, community development & capacity building and are focused on those populations who face systemic barriers to accessing health services. RPCHC is seeking applications for
Director, Mid-East Toronto Health Link
Temporary Full-time (pending funding approval)
Salary Range: $72,420 - $90,525 per Annum
This one-year contract position is responsible for the effective delivery of the Mid-East Toronto Health Link (METHL) goals including the development and implementation of a business plan through effective project management and broad stakeholder engagement. More specifically,
- Provide project management and monitoring for the implementation of the METHL goals, objectives, work plans and deliverables and ensure project is on time and within budget.
- Provide advice and recommendations, contribute to and informs the priorities of METHL and participate in the identification, planning and implementation of activities that support METHL.
- Provide coordination and support for activities of METHL Council and working groups.
- Translate complex data into meaningful and useful management information to inform the METHL actions with respect to improvement initiatives that will advance the Health Links goals and implementation plan.
- Develop an effective and evidence-based evaluation methodology to determine effectiveness of METHL and receives, monitors and contributes to regular reporting of METHL activities to the lead organization for METHL and to the TC LHIN.
- Ensure content related to Health Links Implementation are accurately reflected in communications materials. Writes reports, presentations and other materials as required.
- Work in a manner that is congruent with RPCHC policy and values.
- Ensure the RPCHC Executive Director is kept apprised of project status, risk issues, and contingencies, and assist in briefing the RPCHC Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Masters degree in health planning, business/public administration or similar field or equivalent education and experience.
- Five plus years’ relevant experience including management in complex and dynamic health-related environments in the public, preferably community-based sector.
- Ability to critically interpret data and translate into effective and appropriate health program development.
- Knowledge of or experience in primary care, mental health & addictions and/or community support services sectors.
- Leadership experience with evidence-based initiatives designed to improve service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and motivate a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of local health issues, priorities and needs.
- Proven ability to build, enhance and maintain effective relationships with community members, organizations, health service providers and others.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication (English) skills.
- Superior project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to bring a critical analysis to health systems planning.
- Understanding of the system impact of social inequity on access to health and social systems and health and wellbeing.
- Critical and creative understanding of the role of stakeholder engagement in health system planning and change.
Please send resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m., June 12, 2013, in confidence to:
METHL Hiring Committee
c/o Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 2B2
E-mail: [email protected]
RPCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.