Deadline June 24, 2013
Title: Contract Manager (eight month contract)
Program: Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Job ID: 13-0059
Public Health Ontario ("PHO") is an arm's-length government agency dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about Public Health Ontario, visit http://www.oahpp.ca.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Procurement, the Contract Manager is responsible for providing procurement expertise to support the various Public Health Ontario program areas.
Position Title: Contract Manager
Duration: Full time Temporary (eight months contract)
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto.
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Job Code: 20207 Financial Officer 4
Salary: $1,165.13 - $1,446.40 weekly
Position Status: Open
Posting Date: June 10, 2013
Closing Date: June 24, 2013
- Overseeing the contract and RFx management framework consistent with overall Public Health Ontario ("PHO") procurement framework and principles of accountability, transparency, fairness, and value-for-money.
- Prepares procurement documents to ensure accuracy, correct format, appropriate terms and conditions, and adherence and compliance with Government procurement policies and procedures.
- Liaises with and supports internal clients around development of business cases, functional specifications, measurable RFx outcomes, assessment criteria, overall management of the RFx process, contracting and implementation.
- Provides management and clients with advice and counsel on procurement issues, contract management opportunities and potential cost savings strategies.
- Documents activity and successes in periodic reports.
- Participates in and supports Contract Performance Management program meetings with key vendors to manage contracts and relationships in general.
- Participates in supply chain restructuring activities as required
- Review procurement and contracting documentation to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Public sector or healthcare environment procurement experience for products, service and capital equipment preferred.
- Experience with ERP and contract management systems, in particular Sage ACCPAC and CRM.
- Ability to integrate complex functional specifications and assessment criteria into clear and objective RFx documents to ensure compliance with overall directives and policies enable vendors to respond effectively to stakeholders requirements.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and summarize quantitative and qualitative data and provide clarity to stakeholders when assessing options.
- Experience with development and management of corporate policies and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship management skills.
Education and Experience
- Five to 10 years of experience in contract management in a lead role / strong background in Contract Law.
- Five to 10 years of experience in all aspects of Procurement.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Successful completion of CPP or PMAC designation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.oahpp.ca/careers and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.