Deadline June 24, 2013
The Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE) is looking to hire a person interested in using their skills to protect our fragile environment. You will be part of an organization that has established itself as Canada's leader in environmental health.
Hours: 32 hours per week (Monday to Thursday with some evening and weekend work)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Includes benefits and a monthly transit pass.
Start date: Immediate
- Provide administrative and campaign support to the Executive Director
- Handle donor relations and recognition
- Manage and maintain membership database
- Oversee the redesign of CAPE's website (http://www.cape.ca)
- Manage production and distribution of newsletters and other materials
- Organize and staff outreach tables at conferences and community events
- Manage and update social media sites and email listserv
- Assist with fundraising projects
- An interest in environmental issues
- University degree in a related discipline and/or 2 years non-profit work experience
- Details oriented and well organized
- Knowledge of Excel, Access and Mail Merge
- Social-change campaign experience an asset
- Fundraising, writing, social media and office-support experience an asset
CAPE (http://www.cape.ca) is a group of over 5,800 physicians and concerned citizens committed to a sustainable environment. CAPE campaigns for the elimination of lawn pesticides; works to reduce the environmental footprint of health care facilities; promotes renewable energy as an alternative to coal and nuclear; and supports local organic food and farming.
The Executive Assistant will work from CAPE's downtown Toronto office. Please email your resume and cover letter to Farrah Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Application deadline: 5:00 pm June 24th, 2013.
We thank all applicants but, due to volume, can only contact those selected for an interview.
[Source: via http://GoodWork.ca]