Deadline July 19, 2013
This role is responsible for the clinical coaching, integration of Quality Improvement (QI) and change management principles and the coordination of activities associated with the Hypertension Management Program (HMP) to ensure the effective implementation of the tools and interventions associated with the program.
Position: Senior Specialist, Outreach and Practice Support
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Hypertension Management Program
Location: Ontario (working from home)
Status: Contract, Full-Time (12 months)
The Hypertension Management Program is an evidence-informed, interdisciplinary chronic disease management program to improve the detection, management and control of hypertension. The Hypertension Management Program (HMP) is comprised of a main program and a culturally congruent Aboriginal Hypertension Management Program (AHMP).
The Ontario Stroke Network (OSN) provides leadership and support for system coordination across the continuum of stroke care in Ontario, including health promotion; primary, secondary
and tertiary prevention; pre-hospital care; emergency, diagnostic and acute care; rehabilitation; long-term care; and community reintegration.
The OSN is the sponsor of the expansion initiative funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
This role is responsible for the clinical coaching, integration of Quality Improvement (QI) and change management principles and the coordination of activities associated with the Hypertension Management Program (HMP) to ensure the effective implementation of the tools and interventions associated with the program. The HMP includes both the main Hypertension
Management Program and the Aboriginal Hypertension Management Program. A major component of this work will involve the building and management of both internal and external relationships with the multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers at involved sites.
The development and application of operational skill sets in areas such as knowledge exchange and adult behaviour change principles will be instrumental in identifying/reporting any barriers and enablers to achieving overall project outcomes.
Relationship Development and Management:
- Develop and manage healthcare provider relationships as
- appropriate, including assisting in the adoption
- and use of tools and interventions developed as part of the HMP
- Facilitate clinical coaching, quality improvement and change management at all sites, including the uptake of tools and interventions via site visits and academic detailing. Also gather feedback from all participants at all assigned sites (including administrative staff) and provide them with support
- Facilitate communication among all involved healthcare professionals
- Assist in design and implementation of inter-professional communication tools and
- Communicate (verbal and written) and collaborate effect ively with internal/external team members and stakeholders
- As with Relationship Management above, develop and maintain strong working relationships with healthcare professionals and team members
- Develop and apply knowledge exchange and adult behaviour change principles specific to Continuing Health Education (CHE).
- In order to ensure effective, optimal integration of the toolkit into provider practice, the Senior Specialist will:
- Lead the implementation, consistency of messaging and ongoing improvement of these tools and
- interventions across all participating sites.
- Identify and lead quality improvement and change management at all sites.
- Monitor, track and analyze the implementation of the toolkit across all sites, identify potential/actual issues, identify solutions to these barriers/issues and ensure appropriate solutions are implemented.
- Identify opportunities for transferable learnings across sites.
Additional HMP Responsibilities:
- Assist in the team’s development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of HMP tools, interventions, and programming
- Collect and analyze information and collected data from all sites to identify and drive quality improvement in program implementation, clinical flowsheets and/or reporting tools.
- Liaise with sites, EMR vendors and web-based patient database host provider as required to effectively troubleshoot user problems
- Has strong clinical background in a related discipline (e.g. with at least 5 yrs as RN or other Registered Health Professional or allied health)
- Strong knowledge and experience of adult learning principles, quality improvement and primary healthcare issues
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of current health issues and the healthcare system in Ontario
- Experience working with diverse cultures including aboriginal communities would be beneficial
- Knowledge of hypertension and cardiovascular diseases would be assets
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and reporting tools would be an asset
- Knowledge or experience working in multi level disease organization would be beneficial
- Proficient in MSOffice applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Driver’s license required
- Significant provincial travel required
Submission Deadline: July 19, 2013
Respond via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org