Deadline July 19, 2013
Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health and CEO of the Middlesex-London Health Unit, the Director of Human Resources and Corporate Strategy will work collaboratively with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to direct transformational change and results-oriented performance improvement. The successful candidate will apply innovative strategic leadership, expertise in organizational development, and operational acumen to launch exciting human resources initiatives in a high-performance environment.
Candidates with the following qualifications are invited to apply:
- university degree in a discipline related to human resources and labour relations
- additional training in strategic leadership and business management or public administration; Master’s degree preferred
- CHRP designation and extensive experience in Human Resources Leadership demonstrating progressive professional and personal growth
- knowledge of current practices in: Labour and Employee Relations, Talent and Performance Management, Leadership Development, Organizational Design, Compensation and Benefits, HRIS systems and reporting, Attendance Management, Health and Safety, Job Development and Evaluation, Continuous Quality Improvement, and knowledge of employment-related legislation
In addition to contributing to organizational decision-making regarding the management of resources and operations as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the incumbent will also:
- manage staff and budgets for the Human Resources & Labour Relations Service Area
- develop and monitor progressive human resources strategies, policies and procedures to foster a culture of performance
- lead succession planning and leadership training
- direct collective bargaining
- implement changes in legislation
The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset. Please see http://www.healthunit.com to apply for this position and for further information about our programs and services.
Please apply no later than July 19, 2013, quoting posting #HRLRSDIR-0613/01, to:
Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street
London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public’s health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.