Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline July 26, 2013
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a Manager for its Environmental Health Department based in the Port Hope, Ontario, office.
As a member of a department Management team, the Manager is accountable to the department Director for the management of the assigned Program Standards, Requirements and Protocols of the Ontario Public Health Standards, or OPHS, (http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/d...) and other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Medical Officer of Health (MOH).
As a member of the Health Unit Management Committee, the Manager is accountable to the Departmental Director and the MOH for assisting in the operation and administration of the Health Unit and ensuring staff work within the appropriate scope of practice.
The Manager regularly encounters differing complex problems requiring judgment to identify and analyze alternative courses of action and apply them to new solutions or applications.
Direction is to be sought when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or the potential for and consequences of errors are high.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Visit the Health Unit’s website (http://www.hkpr.on.ca) under Careers for full details about the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree in related discipline
- Master’s degree in related discipline is preferred
- Minimum two years in community/public health
- Certification as a Certified Public Health Inspector (Canada), in accordance with O.Reg.566, with CIPHI certification number included with application
- Current qualification as the Principle Authority Chief Building Official under the Ontario Building Code Act for Part 8 of the OBC, with BCIN number included with application
- Current membership in the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Manager/Supervisor as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of Health and Safety certification and Basic Emergency Management training within one year of hire
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
- For Nurses, current CPR and First Aid (HCP level)
Location: Port Hope, Ontario
Salary Range: $84,258-$91,766
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by July 26, 2013 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
Tel: 905 885 9100
Fax: 905 885 9551
E mail: email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.