July 24, 2013
The issue is not that Grey Bruce residents drink alcohol; it is how much, how often and the context for drinking. In 2012, the Grey Bruce Health Unit in collaboration with the Grey Bruce Healthy Communities Partnership developed an action plan to advocate for, and create healthy public policy to move towards a culture of drinking in moderation. In this webinar, we will orient participants to the policy development process using Grey Bruce as a case study, featuring the steps taken to engage community leaders and municipal governments to move a Board of Health resolution to action.
Moderated by Benjamin Rempel, Health Promotion Field Support Specialist, Alcohol Policy, Public Health Ontario
- Dr. Hazel Lynn, Medical Officer of Health, Grey Bruce Health Unit
- Lindsay Wonnacott, Program Evaluator, Grey Bruce Health Unit
- Jason Weppler, Health Promoter, Grey Bruce Health Unit
- Dan Wilken, Director of Recreation and Facilities, Municipality of Brockton
- To understand how the policy development process can be applied to real-life examples
- To understand community-based harms caused from alcohol
- To learn practical strategies to engage and work with community partners to create healthy public policy
For more information or to register, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/7259151317/eorg.