Deadline July 8, 2013
Bridgepoint active healthcare manages, delivers researches and teaches leading healthcare practices so that people with complex health conditions can live better. Bridgepoint active healthcare is made up of the BridgepointHospital, Bridgepoint Family Health Team, Bridgepoint Collaboratory for Research and Innovation and Bridgepoint Foundation. We have recently moved into our new 10-storey, 680,000 square foot state-of-the-art LEED certified hospital building which has been designed to reflect a healing landscape and an integrated campus of care that will redefine what a Hospital can be. The new site will be a national centre of excellence to foster the next generation of clinicians, researchers and educators who will work together to advance our understanding and treatment of complex chronic disease.
Job Posting Number: 241-13W
Status: Part-Time Temporary (Approximately 12 months)
Reports To: Strategy Lead, LiveWell
Hours: Monday - Friday, Days (Flexible)
Posting Date: June 27, 2013
Closing Date: July 8, 2013
Health Gateway is an online, accessible library of resources and health information to support the health care journey of people who live with chronic illnesses and disabilities, and their caregivers (www.healthgateway.ca). The purpose of the website is to empower people to make informed choices regarding their health and well-being through the provision of easily accessible, recommended resources. Health Gateway is the result of an innovative collaboration between Bridgepoint Health and the Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation (CWGHR). CWGHR is a national, multi-sector organization that is working to address the disability and rehabilitation needs of people living with complex chronic illnesses
Under the direction of the Health Gateway Steering Committee, and reporting to the Strategy Lead, LiveWell!, the Project Coordinator is responsible for leading and executing the communications and marketing strategy for Health Gateway. This involves engaging in outreach activities, establishing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and delivering education to increase awareness and promote increased use of the site. The Project Coordinator is responsible for managing the coordination of project activities related to the operation of the website and works closely with project partners, funders and key stakeholders.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a communications or health-related field, Masters preferred
- Previous experience in communications and marketing, including social media
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- Strong knowledge of case management and discharge planning processes a strong asset
- Experience coordinating a project related to the development of website(s) an asset
- Superior writing and online communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas in succinct communications for a variety of audiences
- Ability to market a program or service to users and organizations
- Demonstrated capacity to work both independently and as part of a team to develop and implement high quality initiatives
- Proven ability to manage competing project priorities with multiple tasks, deadlines and deliverables
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) and Google Analytics an asset
- Knowledge of issues facing people with complex conditions and disabilities in their daily living an asset
- Written and oral French language skills a strong asset
Interested applicants are invited to apply electronically by forwarding their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must quote the appropriate Job Posting Number in the email subject line. Applications received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
For more information on Bridgepoint active healthcare, please visit our web site: http://bridgepointhealth.ca.