North Bay, Ontario
Deadline July 15, 2013
Position: Public Health Nurse – ONA – Healthy Schools & Families Team
Hours of Work: Casual - 7 Hours Per Week Hours of Work will Vary on a Daily and Weekly Basis
Effective: July 29, 2013 to August 29, 2014 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Position Summary: Working as a member of the Healthy Schools & Families Team and in conjunction with other Health Unit programs, the successful candidate will implement required components of the following Ontario Public Health Standards (2008) as they relate to family health; reproductive and child health. This position will include facilitation of group prenatal and parenting education as well as working on a broad range of population health initiatives.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- BScN or Diploma in Public Health Nursing
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Two years recent and related work experience in a public health setting or community health setting considered equivalent with; a focus on service delivery of prenatal and parenting programs and initiatives, including group facilitation skills and demonstrated application of population health strategies
- Experience in program planning and evaluation, including the ability to conduct a literature review, critical appraisal of literature/research and prepare proposals, program plans and annual reports
- Comprehensive assessment skills relating to maternal-child health, including healthy child development, family dynamics and social determinants of health with special emphasis on prenatal population
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources for parents and children 0-18 years of age
- Ability to network and work collaboratively with a variety of community partners
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills in word processing, power point, internet and social media
- Ability to work within a self directed, multidisciplinary team and collaborate with other health unit teams in program delivery
- Ability to work flex hours including evenings and weekends as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: BScN/PHN – Minimum $36.79 to Maximum $41.42
Closing Date: July 15, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education and a copy of your current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2013/033
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer