Deadline July 29, 2013
1 Full-Time (37.5 hours per week) position
The London InterCommunity Health Centre was established in 1989 to support individuals and families whose poverty, isolation, age, lack of housing or immigration status prevented access to both health and social services. Today, we continue to provide inclusive and equitable health and social services to those who experience barriers to care, and we support and encourage individuals to participate in the community.
We are currently looking for a Community Development Worker who will provide leadership and support with the building of healthier communities. The person work with residents, families and community groups in the Old East, Argyle, Carling and Huron Heights planning districts. The role will vary from one of leadership to support. Collaboration with the community, partners and staff of the Centre is essential in this position. The primary focus of this position is to support the community to identify issues that impact on the residents’ health and well-being; then develop appropriate strategies to address these issues.
- Working knowledge of developing and implementing community programs and initiatives and evaluation strategies and tools
- Experience in working with health services and health systems
- Ability to initiate and or/support inclusive policy development, practices and outreach strategies to marginalized and diverse members of the community
- Ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with the community and other agencies
- Experience in supervising and supporting the learning and practice of students and volunteers
- Program development and proposal writing skills
- Capacity to develop and nurture relationships with service providers and citizen groups in the community
- Working knowledge of Health Determinants and Health Promotion, including community development strategies and community action and advocacy.
Please forward your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:00 pm.
We are committed to hiring staff from within the diverse communities they are hired to serve.