Deadline July 15, 2013
Community Health – It’s a Partnership
Hamilton Urban Core is a thriving inner city health centre and a leader in the provision of high quality primary health services and health promotion programs. Our comprehensive health services are delivered through a dynamic team of multidisciplinary, inter-professional health providers. As an inner city health centre our client populations include individuals and families with chronic and complex health and social conditions, many of who are living in poverty.
Working primarily with the Centre’s priority populations, the Primary Care Nurse will provide primary health care services including health promotion and client education, outreach services, and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community. The Primary Care Nurse will also focus on providing a range of primary health care services at outreach locations, in the community and through home visits.
The successful candidate should have:
- Certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses
- Experience working in a primary health care environment, preferably in a community setting
- Excellent clinical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with a diversity of clients and their families or supports in managing chronic diseases such as diabetes, asthma, heart illness, and others
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply the principles of health promotion, disease / injury prevention, and determinants of health
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues impacting on client populations in the inner city
- Proficiency in the use of computers in the work environment
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an inter-professional, multidisciplinary team
Interested individuals should forward a resume and cover letter by Monday July 15, 2013 to:
Hiring Committee – Primary Health Care Nurse
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1B6
Hamilton Urban Core is committed to equity in employment.