Deadline July 15, 2013
The Nurse Practitioner will join our dynamic inter-professional team in providing holistic, comprehensive primary health care services to individuals, families and communities in the inner city. A Registered Nurse, Extended Class, in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses, will use advanced assessment, physical examination, therapeutic and diagnostic skills to treat, counsel or refer clients. Using a collaborative, shared care approach, the Nurse Practitioner will work with other team members in health promotion and disease prevention which may include individual, group or community interventions.
Attractions of this position include: excellent job satisfaction; able to work to full scope of practice; input into clinic functioning; support from an inter-professional team at a well-established, fully accredited health centre; commitment to œ hour appointment times; flexible environment; free parking onsite; located near the 403.
The successful candidate should have:
- BScN with Nurse Practitioner certificate and registered with the Ontario College of Nurses in Extended Class
- Broad-based nursing experience
- Experience in primary health care
- Excellent clinical, assessment and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, and strong problem solving skills
- Interest and experience in working in primary health care, preferably in a community health setting, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with and sensitivity to issues impacting on populations in the inner city which may include immigrants and refugees, isolated seniors, street youth, individuals or families living in poverty, people living with mental illness, poor mental health and/or addiction issues, and/or people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless
- Knowledge of the community health centre sector is an asset
Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume by July 15, 2013 to:
The Nurse Practitioner Hiring Committee
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1B6
Fax: 905-522-5374; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamilton Urban Core CHC is committed to equity in employment.