Deadline July 24, 2013
The Huron community Family Health Team consists of a dynamic team of physicians and allied health professionals. We are located in Huron East with offices in Bayfield, Brussels and Seaforth.
As an integral part of an inter-professional health care team you will deliver pharmaceutical care in accordance with professional practice standards ensuring pharmaceutical needs of Huron community Family Health Team (HcFHT) patients are met.
Your primary role will be to work in collaboration with HcFHT physicians and an interdisciplinary team to safely and effectively provide primary care to clients; make recommendations and implement agreed upon changes to existing procedures and programs within the practice site to increase workload efficiencies; improve the processes related to drug prescribing, handling of samples, administration of medication, documentation; follow best practices that achieve a high level of efficiency; reduce waste and increase client compliance with medication. You will deliver services to a variety of patient populations including high-risk groups suffering from chronic diseases and/or complex multi-system diseases. You will provide health education to targeted patients with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention and chronic disease management. Working effectively within an interdisciplinary team, you will participate in the development, planning and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion activities of the FHT. You will work to improve access to primary care for HcFHT rostered patients and provide consultation/education as requested to community groups, partners and team members.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy is required
- Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists is required
- Additional training or credentialing in pharmacotherapy (e.g. Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Asthma Educator, etc.) is considered an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years’ clinical experience as a Pharmacist, preferably in community based health care
- Teaching experience and experience in collaborative work with community based agencies and organizations is preferable
If you would like to be part of this supportive and progressive Family Health Team, please submit a covering letter and resume by email to: email@example.com by 5 p.m. July 24, 2013. Only those offered an interview will be contacted.