Deadline August 20, 2013
Status: Part - Time – 1 Vacancy
Sector: Community – Family Health Team
LHIN: Central West Local Health Integration Network (CW LHIN)
Region: Peel Region
Deadline: August 20, 2013
Anticipated Start date: October 2013
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients in the city of Brampton and surrounding area. The FHT employs an inter-professional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
The Human Resources Administrator plays an important role in the smooth functioning of the Family Health Team and is critical to its success. Directly reporting to and supporting the Executive Director, the HR Administrator is responsible for the development and implementation and delivery of high quality human resources programs, policies and procedures. The HR Administrator is also responsible to ensure the FHT is in compliance with all relevant legislative and statutory requirements (e.g., Canada Revenue Agency, WSIB, MOHLTC, AODA, Bill 168 etc).
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s HR portfolio
- Lead the development of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, coordinate monthly inspections and submit reports as required
- Handle all aspects of Human Resources administration: tracking probations, new employee orientation, organizational development and change management. Coordinates employee performance management processes
- Provide guidance to management and staff concerning HR policies, practices, and performance evaluation; resolution and documentation of employee problems and/or responding to employee complaints
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements of government departments and agencies
- Responsible for the collection of stats/ data entry/ analysis and report writing
- Support the development and implementation of the Quality Assurance and Risk Management Frameworks
- Work closely with Executive Director to prepare reports for measurement and evaluation
- Support the preparation of budgets and the annual audit process
- Act as the lead administrator of the Benefit Plan (ie: New enrolments, member changes, and employee questions/issues. Conduct market research and recommend changes in benefit carrier or plan to Executive Director that will be most beneficial to the organization with regards to cost containment and plan design
- Liaise with Accounting on payroll changes & personnel record keeping, review & submit payroll to Ceridian
- Responsible for the recruitment process, such as developing and advertises job ads through various media, updating position descriptions and classifies positions, conduct reference checks, prepare and administer offers of employment
- Identify and coordinate staff trainings: WHIMIS, Mask Fitting, AODA, Antiviolence etc.
- Participate in team building, program development, and improvement activities
- Evaluate and update HR policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with provincial legislation and promotion of family health team values
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree, diploma or certification in Human Resources Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CHRP designation an asset
- Three to Five years’ experience of progressive leadership experience in HR positions
- Knowledge of employment standards and human rights legislation
- Knowledge and exposure to health & safety policies and programs
- Not-for-profit and health care sector experience an asset
- Knowledge of relevant privacy legislation and comfortable working with highly confidential information
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Proven flexibility and ability to adapt positively to change.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, excellent organizational, time management skills, high degree of accuracy, and attention to detail is essential;
- Proven conflict resolution abilities with strong problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits an ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Proven participatory work style; ability to work independently and with a team (e.g. ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computer systems, software, particularly in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge and experience in the application of electronic medical records (EMR) an asset
Queen Square Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Queen Square Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following reference in the subject line: HR-01082013
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note any telephone/ email inquiries related to this role won’t be accepted.