Deadline August 30, 2013
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN) is seeking an enthusiastic and highly qualified applicant for a 12 month maternity leave contract as an Analyst, Biostatistics. The Analyst will be responsible for providing support to ongoing internal and external population health, health services and community-based research initiatives of the OHTN. These projects focus primarily on the social determinants of health for people living with HIV in Ontario. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Intramural Research, and work closely with other OHTN staff and study partners.
The Analyst will:
- Provide statistical and analytical expertise to OHTN population health, health services and community-based research initiatives
- Perform statistical analyses and prepare analytical reports, conference abstracts, research summaries and manuscripts for publication
- Provide support in the development of methodological frameworks for research proposals
- Provide expertise and support in the development and writing of research reports and peer-reviewed publications
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Statistics) or an appropriate combination of relevant experience and education
- At least 2 years’ experience performing research data analyses for academic partners, policymakers, and front-line service providers
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the social and clinical aspects of HIV/AIDS
- Ability to prepare and present research data and findings to a diverse audience including academic researchers, policy makers and community representatives.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical software (SPSS, SAS, Stata, or R ) and the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) or similar products
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
- An effective communicator who can develop and maintain a professional presence within the research community and among external stakeholders
- A hands-on, forward-thinking planner and implementer, capable of anticipating and dealing with challenges proactively
- An exceptional problem solver with the ability to meet multiple, competing deadlines
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, August 30, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention ANALYST_BIOSTATISTICS_2013 in the e-mail subject line.
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network is a collaborative network of researchers, health service providers, policy makers, community members and people with HIV who work together to promote excellence and innovation in HIV treatment, research, education in Ontario. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS and persons with culturally diverse backgrounds.