Québec City, Québec
September 19-23, 2013
As a high profile non-profit health research organization, The Cochrane Collaboration sponsors annual Colloquia, hosted by Cochrane Groups around the world. Colloquia bring together up to 1200 international experts (researchers, health care professionals, policy-makers and consumers) who are both Cochrane members and those who wish to learn more about the Collaboration. Colloquia feature:
- up to six plenary sessions delivered by world renowned experts
- more than 60 workshops advancing participants’ knowledge in conducting systematic reviews, getting evidence into practice, methodology standards, and knowledge translation topics
- as many as 110 oral presentations sharing new knowledge and experience with participants
- in excess of 200 scientific posters highlighting global research
The focus of this year’s Colloquium is on how evidence informs health care decisions at every level – from patient to practitioner, to institutional or government policy-maker.
Plenary sessions will feature international experts addressing the following topics:
- 20 years of better knowledge for better health
- Better knowledge for better health: decision-makers’ perspectives
- Better knowledge for better health: global health and equity perspectives
- The next 20 years of better knowledge
In addition, we will offer special sessions on specific topics, including:
- Wikipedia and transferring health information
- Patients, evidence production and its use
- Evidence for policy-makers
- The ‘French Connection’: the work of Cochrane for francophones
- Systematic reviews and guideline development
In addition to an excellent scientific program, we will offer a superb social program with opportunities to network and meet new and existing colleagues from around the world. Please note the Welcome Reception will take place on the evening of Thursday, September 19.
For more information or to register, please visit http://colloquium.cochrane.org/colloquia-collaboration.