Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline September 19, 2013
The HKPR District Health Unit has an opportunity for two Communicable Disease Control (CDC) Nurses in its Port Hope, Ontario office.
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for two full-time CDC Nurses in its
Communicable Disease Control Department in the Port Hope office.
Current assignment is Infectious Diseases and Vaccine Preventable Diseases.
As a member of the Communicable Disease Control (CDC) Department the CDC Nurse is accountable to CDC Management for the implementation of the assigned Requirements of the Infectious Diseases Program Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/docs/oph... and related protocols and guidelines including but not limited to the:
- Exposure of Emergency Services Workers to Infectious Diseases Protocol
- Immunization Management Protocol
- Infection Prevention and Control in Licensed Day Nurseries Protocol
- Infection Prevention and Control Practices Complaint Protocol
- Infectious Diseases Protocol
- Institutional/Facility Outbreak Prevention and Control Protocol
- Sexual Health and Sexually Transmitted Infections Prevention and Control Protocol
- Tube rculosis Prevention and Control Protocol
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Protocol
- and other duties as assigned by CDC Management.
Areas of emphasis may include Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control; Sexual Health, Sexually Transmitted Infections and Blood-borne infections (including HIV); Tuberculosis Prevention and Control; and/or Vaccine Preventable Diseases.
For more information, please visit http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Careers/CommunicableDiseaseControlNurses.aspx.