Deadline September 12, 2013
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opportunity for a Public Health Inspector in the Environmental Health program in the Haliburton, Ontario office. This is a full-time position based in the Haliburton office.
As a member of the Environmental Health Department (EH), the Public Health Inspector is accountable to EH Management for the implementation of the assigned Requirements of the Envir onmental Health Program Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS, http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/d... and related legislation and protocols including but not limited to the:
- Health Protection and Promotion Act and all applicable regulations
- Ontario Building Code, Part 8
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Beach Management Protocol
- Drinking Water Protocol
- Food Safety Protocol
- Identification, Investigation and Management of Health Hazards Protocol
- Infection Prevention and Control in Personal Services Settings Protocol
- Infectious Diseases Protocol
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness Protocol
- Rabies Prevention and Control Protocol
- Recreational Water Protocol
- Risk Assessment and Inspection of Facilities Protocol
- and other duties as assigned by EH Management.
Areas of emphasis include: Food Safety, Safe Water, Health Hazard Prevention and Management, Personal Services Settings, and Rabies Prevention and Control.
For more information, please visit http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Careers/PublicHealthInspectorHaliburton.aspx.