Deadline October 3, 2013
The guest editors of Ethnicity and Inequalities in Health and Social Care are seeking manuscript submissions for a 2014 special issue on Preventing Suicide in Cultural and Ethnic Minority Groups. This special issue will provide information on the rates and risks of suicide in a variety of cultural and ethnic minority populations and what can be done to decrease or prevent suicides.
The journal explores what is currently known about international discrimination and disadvantage, with a focus on issues influencing the health of populations. Content considers the social determinants of health, equity and interventions that help to overcome barriers and that promote equality and inclusion.
We are interested in empirical research articles, case studies, viewpoint articles, review or literature review articles and conceptual articles, covering (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Rates of suicide in aboriginal populations
- Rates of suicide in ethno-racial/ethnic minority populations
- Risk factors for suicide in ethnic minority populations
- Risk factors for suicide in aboriginal populations
- Suicide prevention strategies for diverse populations
- Manuscripts should be between 3,000 and 5,000 words and formatted according to the journal author guidelines (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id...)
- Submissions must be received by 3rd October, 2013, via the online submission system Scholar One Manuscripts: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/eihsc.
- Authors should indicate that the manuscript is for this special issue by selecting this from the dropdown list on Scholar One Manuscripts.
For further information, please see the journal homepage at http://www.emeraldinsight.com/eihsc.htm or contact the guest editors:
- Mr. Andrew Tuck, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Canada, Andrew.email@example.com
- Dr. Kwame McKenzie, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Canada, Kwame.firstname.lastname@example.org
[Source: CLICK4HP, http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html]