An initiative of the Sex Work Action Project (SWAP), PARN--Your Community AIDS Resource Network, and Michele McIntosh PhD, Trent University.
Participate in our community based research (1) to better understand and support local women involved in sex work (2). Please share your thoughts, observations and anecdotes.
- Register to attend small group discussions among community agencies – snacks served http://www.doodle.com/89ru58gy4dnnrke8
- Email your story to email@example.com
- Call to arrange a confidential telephone interview: 1-855-My-Trent (698-7368) x7507
For more information, contact:
- Ariel O’Neill, Women and HIV Community Animator at PARN, 705-749-9110, x215, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hunter Kole, Coordinator of SWAP, 705-743-8331 x218, email@example.com
- Michele McIntosh, PhD, Trent University, firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) This research is the preliminary data collection strategy in preparation for the submission for a Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR) grant.
(2) "the exchange of money or goods for sexual services, either regularly or occasionally…where the sex worker may or may not consciously define such activity as income-generating." Source: HIV/AIDS, Gender and Sex-Work Factsheet, UNAIDS (2006)
[Source: Owhn-l mailing list, Owhnemail@example.com]