Deadline September 19, 2013
Location: Community Health Services - North Halton Mental Health Clinic
Position: Mental Health Clinician
Salary Range: $68,578 - $85,717 (Pay Grade 7)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Masters of Social Work or Masters Degree in a mental health related field. Must be registered and in good standing with appropriate professional College. Five to ten years clinical experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, substance use, and their family members, in a psychiatric assessment and treatment milieu is important. Must have knowledge, skills and experience in the principles and practice of psychosocial rehabilitation, psycho-education, harm reduction, recovery, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, psychotropic medications and knowledge of medication side effects. Experience in offering group treatments is preferred (i.e.: CBT, Mindfulness) as is familiarity with the variety of services and community partners in North Halton and across Halton Region. The ability to demonstrate empathy and communicate effectively with individuals with serious mental illness and addiction and their significant others is key. Excellent work ethic, computer/documentation skills and willingness to learn specific software systems are required. Expected is a track record for working proactively and creatively with a multi-sector community of partners in providing assessment, treatment, education and service coordination. Commitment to liaise and communicate regularly with client’s referring doctor is mandatory. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Position requires travel across Halton Region. Flexible hours including the ability to work evenings will be required. Must supply own transportation. The North Halton Mental Health Clinic is an accredited community based psychiatric clinic located at three sites across North Halton (Milton, Acton, Georgetown)
- Works with consulting psychiatrists and other multi-discipline team members to offer psychiatric mental health assessment consultations and treatment, and to develop client centred treatment goal plans with client and family members using formal/standard clinic documentation tools and software.
- Provides psychiatric clinical /education support to client and families as part of a multi-service partnership
- Provides one to one and rapid response intake as requested, psycho education groups to individuals and families and consults with community partners with a focus on helping them to understand psychiatric mental illnesses (e.g. aetiology, treatment, medication, prognosis, recovery).
- Participates in group planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Attends supervision, team, administrative and relevant system-level meetings.
- Co-Designs individualized service plans with clients and their families/caregivers.
- Monitors and documents all service delivery, including mental health status, progress toward client developed goal plan, both telephone/email and face to face contact and medication responses etc.
- Collaborates with a variety of sectors of care (shared care model), including hospitals, community treatment teams and housing, vocational, social and recreational agencies for service delivery
- Documents according to professional practice and agency and regional policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted: August 27, 2013
Posting Expiry: September 19, 2013
Posting #: H-197-13
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
View the posting online at http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm.