Deadline September 20, 2013
We have openings for the following positions starting September 2013:
- Permanent full-time – initial assignment will include Sexual Health, Oral Health, and Health Line.
- Permanent part-time (0.60 FTE) – initial assignment will include Mother and Young Child Clinics, Healthy Start (CPNP) program and the Parent Resource Visitor staff working in the Child Health Program.
Both positions will report to the Director of Community Health and be responsible for the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of designated programs and the supervision of assigned program staff. The initial portfolio will include Reproductive and Child Health (0-6 years) programs and projects.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related field. Nursing graduates must have current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- thorough knowledge of theories and principles of public health management including community health planning, health promotion, epidemiology and program evaluation normally acquired in a Master’s level degree in public health or related field.
- minimum of five years experience in public health with management experience or training.
- demonstrated leadership, organizational and planning skills.
- proficiency in oral and written communications, including computer skills.
- valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer.
- annual influenza immunization unless medically contraindicated
Apply in writing by September 20, 2013 to:
Director of Community Health
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario N5A 1L4
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Perth District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer and values workplace diversity.