No deadline noted
Permanent Full-Time Position
The Public Health Inspector is responsible for a comprehensive environmental health program in the community. Using a variety of professional and technical skills, the Public Health Inspector protects individual and community wellness through health promotion activities and enforcement of provincial Acts and Regulations.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, the Public Health Inspector helps reduce the incidence of communicable disease and health hazards, performs technical assessments, provides consultative and educational services, and ensures that community development encourages a healthy environment. The PHI identifies hazards in residential, recreational, commercial, social and industrial premises, provides information and training on contemporary alternatives and techniques. The PHI responds to current environmental problems and concerns, investigates complaints, inspects premises, assesses and approves plans to ensure compliance with pertinent legislation.
- Current certification in Public Health Inspection from the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors of Canada;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent;
- Minimum one year experience as Public Health Inspector preferred;
- Good oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Thorough knowledge of all legislation and standards as they relate to environmental and public health;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Access to a vehicle and possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and encourage professional development among our employees. For more information about our programs and services, visit our website at http://www.porcupinehu.on.ca.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled at:
Porcupine Health Unit
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disponible en français