Deadline October 4, 2013
Job ID: 13-0133
Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
Public Health Ontario provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information on Public Health Ontario, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca.
Position Title: SharePoint Specialist
Department: Information Technology and Information Management (IT/IM)
Duration: Full-time permanent
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto.
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Job Code: 17156 - Systems Officer 3 (under review)
Salary: $1,109.99 - $1,355.86 per week (under review)
Position Status: Open
Hours of Work: 36.25 per week
Posting Date: September 13, 2013
Closing Date: October 4, 2013
This position will support Online Services Delivery of PHO’s products and services, a key component of PHO’s business plan and strategy to engage Stakeholders. The SharePoint Specialist will work closely with PHO’s developer, database and business analyst resources and provide advanced level technical expertise. This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation and deployment of SharePoint functionality.
- Work with PHO program areas and IMIT business analysts to understand requirements and features for custom SharePoint solutions.
- Participate in joint application development sessions with program areas and other IMIT development staff to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
- Work closely with staff in the Communications department to create solutions to meet the needs of the Online Services Delivery platform.
- Work closely with staff in the IMIT department and respond to service tickets, develop/support software and perform other related duties as assigned by team leads and managers.
- Evaluate needs and determine optimal solutions and techniques.
- Provide creative solutions (with several alternatives where possible) to meet requirements; be able to recommend solutions and justify the recommendations.
- Design, develop and support application solutions to meet requirements.
- Develop custom SharePoint functionality.
- Develop custom coding and web parts, leveraging SharePoint strengths in web content management and reusable functionality.
- Work with PHO development, database and other technical staff to ensure that technical developments are coordinated.
- Create well-designed, reusable web parts and solutions.
- Create efficient and logical web pages, sites and site collections.
- Communicate and coordinate with project managers to manage timelines, deliverables and risks.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest developments in SharePoint and web applications and ensure that where appropriate these developments are included in the work of PHO.
- Create and maintain design, development, test plans and system documentation.
- Identify, troubleshoot and initiate appropriate resolution for technical issues.
- Knowledge and Skills Knowledge of Systems Analysis and Design.
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications.
- “Expert” level competency in SharePoint and associated technologies.
- Understanding of logical information architecture and SharePoint concepts of web applications, site collection and sites.
- Experience using Visual Studio.
- Experience using InfoPath 2010.
Experience delivering solutions leveraging Microsoft SharePoint 2010, including:
- Using SharePoint Designer 2010;
- Understanding of Office Suite integration with SharePoint;
- Knowledge of SharePoint API/object model;
- SharePoint 2010 development using SharePoint workflow/Visual Studio;
- Development and deployment of solution packages
- Develop customized master pages, page templates and application pages
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Reporting, Analysis, Integration Services and their interface with SharePoint functionality.
It would be considered an asset if your experience included:
- SharePoint 2013
- InfoPath 2013
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Agile Methodology
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience.
- A minimum of five years in application development and development experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/Careers/Pages/Current-Job-Opp... and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.