Deadline October 11, 2013
Title: Pharmacist Consultants (five part-time contract positions)
Program: Infection Prevention and Control
Job ID: 13-0085
Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca.
Position Title: Pharmacist Consultant (five part-time contract positions)
Department: Infection Prevention and Control
Duration: Part-time temporary (24 month contract)
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job Code: 17PPH - Pharmacy
Salary: $70,297 - $86,922 (updated)
Hours of Work: 7.25 hours per week (one day per week)
Originally Posted: July 25, 2013 to August 9, 2013
Posting Date: September 27, 2013
Closing Date: October 11, 2013
To assist Public Health Ontario (PHO) through specialized consultation with stakeholder organizations in the application of evidence-based knowledge, quality improvement tools and techniques for the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP). To act as an expert resource, change agent and role model in the assessment of and changes to current ASP practices and protocols.
- Consults with stakeholder organizations, identifies their ASP needs, concerns and issues; engages them in discussions and seeks their opinions/input; analyzes data collected by other PHO teams on program evaluation and implementation; reports on outcomes and recommends changes to existing program’s tools and resources or suggests new ones; advises, as needed, on the review and/or development and implementation of new programs.
- Facilitates the subsequent review/design, development and implementation of ASP tools/resources, including policies, procedures and protocols.
- Contributes to the development of an evaluation tool to further measure the success of ASP;
- Acts as an expert resource in the provision of support to physicians, nurses, managers and other healthcare professionals in stakeholder organizations regarding changes in ASP practices and protocols; provides specialized and technical advisory services, ensuring that they have access to quality, reliable and authoritative procedural and practical directions and information to support their ASP execution.
- Supports/assists the Lead Pharmacist Consultant in the provision of mentorship and on-going coaching to stakeholders to foster their ability for the successful achievement of their ASP.
- Supports the continuous learning culture for stakeholders through the development and delivery of training/educational programs based on evidence and current knowledge/learning needs assessment.
- Develops/recommends the inclusion of evaluation techniques/tools aimed at measuring ASP post-training delivery success, including written feedback/evaluation forms, reports on “lessons learned” and other tools; recommends, to the Lead Pharmacist Consultant, senior management and other decision makers, applicable programs improvements.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with all levels of management, staff and stakeholders within and outside PHO; engages stakeholders in determining/discussing their ASP needs, concerns and issues and recommends practical solutions; makes presentations to senior management; participates on corporate meetings/committees.
- Prepares briefing/issue notes, presentations and specialized/technical reports for submission to the Lead Pharmacist Consultant and/or senior management/decision-makers; assists, in conjunction with corporate Communications, in the preparation of ASP procedural and practical directions and information materials for posting onto PHO website.
- Participates in special/other corporate projects, as assigned; answers questions and guides, with a special reference to the technical aspect of the work, external experts involved in projects.
Knowledge and Skills
- Evidence of professional development, continuing education/adult learning principles and practices.
- Ability to contribute to the review, design, development and implementation of policies, procedures and protocols based on the principles of policy/process development.
- Project management in assisting the Lead Pharmacist Consultant in the management of/participation in multiple and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Knowledge of various computer systems and software programs including: database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications, (MS Office).
Education and Experience
- BSc. Pharmacy degree with infectious disease training or equivalent clinical experience.
- Advanced degree (Pharm D) preferred.
- Hospital residency preferred.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Minimum of three years hospital pharmacy experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/Careers/Pages/Current-Job-Opp... and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications and competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.