Deadline October 18, 2013
The Public Health Epidemiologist is a leader and resource on developing, monitoring and interpreting data on the health status of the residents within the catchment area of the Porcupine Health Unit. Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health, the epidemiologist works collaboratively with and acts as a resource to Managers and program staff in obtaining and analyzing data to support program planning and evaluation.
- MSc (Epidemiology) or equivalent academic education and experience;
- Experience in applied epidemiology and current trends in the field;
- Knowledge of current public health issues and the Ontario Public Health Standards;
- Experience using statistical software;
- Understanding of health information systems related to epidemiology and statistics;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team;
- Fluency in both official languages will be considered an asset.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits for this full time permanent position with an opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team committed to health promotion and disease prevention. Visit our website at www.porcupinehu.on.ca for more information about the Porcupine Health Unit.
Please forward your resume by October 18, 2013 to:
Porcupine Health Unit
Postal Bag 2012, 169 Pine St. S.
Timmins, ON P4N 8B7
Telephone: (705) 267-1181
Fax: (705) 264-3980
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disponible en français