Deadline October 23, 2013
Five month contract
Job ID: 13-0147
Public Health Ontario (PHO) is an arm's-length government agency dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit http://www.oahpp.ca.
Position Title: Health Promotion Coordinator
Department: Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
Duration: Temporary Full-time (five month contract)
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job code: 16AGA General Administration
Salary: $55,679 - $68,3690 annually
Posting Date: October 8, 2013
Closing Date: October 23, 2013
Reporting to the Manager Health Promotion Capacity Building, the Health Promotion Coordinator supports the work of PHO’s Health Promotion Field Support Specialists and other HPCDIP staff or consultants involved in the delivery of training and technical assistance services to public health intermediaries. This entails working with project leads for specific planning, coordination and logistics of the HPCDIP projects. The position also processes and assigns client requests for health promotion field support services, maintains a client database, provides administrative and logistical support, and develops related resources and products.
- Processing client requests for health promotion field support and other HPCDIP team services, including the referral of clients to appropriate PHO field support and technical staff; supporting PHO health promotion resource centres, as needed.
- Maintaining a client database and collating client service statistics on a monthly basis.
Providing logistical support for health promotion services, training, consultations and knowledge exchange events, as well as meetings and teleconferences by:
- Understanding, through the review of documentation, the work done to date and identifying relevant stakeholders, experts, and invitees; researching, elaborating and distributing pertinent background materials; synthesizing discussions; preparing proceedings, including the organization of and pre-planning work (e.g., scheduling, room/venue booking, confirmation of A/V and IT equipment availability, the development and distribution of agendas, and minute taking and dissemination);
- Working with Administrative staff to ensure all logistics, travel events and lodging are timely and properly coordinated; communicating with invitees; overseeing the preparation of participant packages/other related materials; providing on-site coordination at each event, including participant registration and communication with key supports (e.g., IT, Facilities, Catering, etc.);
- Sending out client satisfaction surveys after each training and capacity building event and preparing reports which summarize the feedback.
- Supporting the transfer of relevant products and resources to PHO branded templates.
- Providing project management support for HPCDIP knowledge product development processes including: managing the process (e.g., monthly and quarterly documentation and reporting of product).
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and experience of public health, health promotion and chronic disease prevention.
- Customer service orientation, proven diplomacy skills and tact, with proven experience in effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong skills in project planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated computer and data management skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project 2003), SharePoint, and polling software (e.g., Doodle).
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, time management and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organizational and logistical support skills.
- Experience coordinating the schedules of professional staff and consultants and external stakeholders.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, planning, administration, or related discipline.
- Three to five years of experience with service and project coordination.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/Careers/Pages/Current-Job-Opp... and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.