Deadline October 28, 2013
Five month contract
Job ID 13-0151
Public Health Ontario("PHO") is an arm's-length government agency dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world. PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about Public Health Ontario, visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca.
Position Title: Knowledge Product Developer
Department: Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention (HPCDIP)
Duration: Temporary Full-Time (five month contract)
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job Code: 17APA Program Analysis
Salary: $60,439 - $73,578
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Posting Date: October 11, 2013
Closing Date: October 28, 2013
Reporting to the Manager, Health Promotion Capacity Building (HPCB), the Knowledge Product Developer supports knowledge product development through the provision and coordination of health promotion resource adaptation and resource development for the HPCB Team.
- Working with the Manager, Health Promotion Capacity Building, the Senior Knowledge Product Development Advisor, the Health Promotion Field Support Specialists, the PHO Online Service Delivery Project Team, as well as contracted communication staff, to ensure the rebranding, adaptation and development of knowledge products for health promotion capacity building.
- Ensuring coordination of the development of high quality capacity-building resources, including engaging PHO and external subject matter experts including supporting reviewer feedback.
- Working with the Senior Knowledge Product Development Advisor to implement a plan ensuring that resources remain current and relevant.
- Working with the Senior Knowledge Product Development Advisor to transfer former resource centres’ web site materials and functions.
- Coordinating the Resource Database, using suggestions from Field Support Specialists and others, liaising with Knowledge Services, such as supporting the transfer and ongoing contributions to PHO Library.
- Organizing and participating in the development of webcasts/podcasts of content; Working with the staff to develop direct and indirect instructional content relative to using tools and products (e.g., Help Features) as well as subject matter content (e.g., workbooks and modules).
- Updating e learning curriculum and supporting transfer to PHO e learning courseware and platform.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with PHO staff.
- Contributing to PHO corporate business and operational planning processes.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles, to coordinate input and feedback in order to update and enhance the Health Promotion Capacity Building tools and products.
- Interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with PHO staff and external subject matter experts.
- Experience working in a matrix management structure and within cross disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with various software programs (e.g., MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project 2003) and Adobe Suite.
- Familiarity with e-learning courseware such as Articulate, Captivate or Lectora.
- Experience working in a SharePoint environment and with SharePoint SLK.
- Familiarity with Adult Learning Principles.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health or health communications related discipline and/or combined relevant experience.
- Up to three years of progressive experience in knowledge product and resource/tool development.
- Experience at a provincial capacity building project or agency related to core areas: health promotion and the primary prevention of chronic diseases and injuries.
Job Status: Full Time Temporary
Posting date: 10/11/2013
Closing date: 10/28/2013
Street Address: 480 University Avenue
Province: Ontario [ON]
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/Careers/Pages/Current-Job-Opp... and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.