October 25, 2013
8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
155 College Street, Health Sciences Building, 7th Floor
We don’t all experience or access health in the same ways. Yet all of our experiences have one thing in common: they reflect the community and environment in which we live.
So what does our health say about Toronto?
The Healthy Toronto Conference will explore innovative strategies used by some of our own change-makers and industry leaders to improve the health of our city and our community. Celebrate, explore and build a healthy Toronto by engaging in skill based workshops providing student and young professionals with the tools to improve urban health. Admission is free and scrumptious lunch will be provided.
Keynote Panelists Include:
- Jennifer Keesmat, Chief Planner, City of Toronto
- Marlon Merraro, Manager of Urban Issues, Toronto Public Health
- Susan Gapka, Community Organizer
- Camille Hutchinson, Youth Outreach Worker
- Michael Shapcott, Director of Affordable Housing and Social Innovation Wellesley Institute (Moderator)
Register at http://healthytorontoconference.com.
Follow us on Twitter @healthyTO2013.