Thunder Bay, Ontario
Deadline November 22, 2013
Thunder Bay, located on the north shore of Lake Superior and under the protective watch of the Sleeping Giant, is the largest city in the region, and is rich in people and resources and connects Northwestern Ontario to the world.
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit offers a professional work environment that fosters best practices and innovative ideas. TBDHU is committed to providing staff with a healthy workplace with development opportunities, flexible work hours, family friendly policies in an open-minded, caring, supportive setting that plays a role in employee retention.
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit is committed to achieving excellence in the delivery of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS). The OPHS ‘establish requirements for fundamental public health programs and services, which include assessment and surveillance, health promotion and policy development, disease and injury prevention, and health protection’. Using a population health approach that includes consideration of priority populations, and collaboration with both health and non-health sector partners, the TBDHU strives to meet the public health needs of the population, drawing upon and applying ‘relevant research, evidence and best practice’ within the local context to optimize the achievement of population health outcomes.
Manager, Oral Health Program and District Offices
Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion, the Manager is responsible for supervising, administering, planning, evaluating and measuring outcomes of the Oral Health and District Office programs and services provided by the Thunder Bay District Health Unit (TBDHU).
Using a population health approach consistent with the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) that includes consideration of priority populations, the Manager will ensure the quality of program service delivery adheres to applicable legislation such as the Health Protection and Promotion Act, Ministry guidelines, professional college guidelines and TBDHU policies and procedures.
- Relevant Degree in Health Science or Administration. A Master’s Degree would be an asset.
- 3-5 years management experience in a health care setting and/or public health preferred.
- Experience working and managing within a clinical service environment.
- Applicable current certification as required by the Regulated Health Professionals Act.
- Formal preparation and demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with public health programs, priority population and rural health delivery would be an asset.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills.
- Experience in establishing and monitoring infection control guidelines and practices (as applicable).
- Excellent communication, evaluation, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement.
- Must be flexible in work schedules and available to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Valid Driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.tbdhu.com/Careers/External/.
Application Deadline: November 22, 2013
Competition Number: NU-13-24